Before you start using PersistIQ, you should make sure that your email system is setup properly. Improper setup can lead to your emails not sending properly and a negative impact to your domain reputation.
As a reminder, when you use PersistIQ emails are sent directly from your email account and replies come right to your inbox.
Proper Email Setup
- MX Records are pointed correctly
- SPF is set
- DKIM is set
- Check your MX records for Google
- Check your MX records for Exchange Providers
- If you use Office 365 use this link to set up DKIM
- Check your SPF setup - http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html
- Check your email score and blacklists - www.mail-tester.com or http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/
If you plan to use email forwarding, you must ensure that a copy of the original email remains in the mailbox where the email was sent from for the reply detection to properly function.
- Email sent from [email protected] to [email protected]
- [email protected] replies and the email is forwarded to [email protected]
- IMPORTANT: a copy of the reply from [email protected] needs to be in the [email protected] mailbox for the reply to be detected.
If you are using Google Apps / Gmail and set up forwarding to a different email account, make sure you select "keep copy in the Inbox" or "mark copy as read".