Requirements for Salesforce Sync
- API access to Salesforce (this article describes which editions include API)
- PersistIQ Outbound Pro with the annual license (includes SFDC sync)
Please confirm you have the proper Salesforce edition with API access before proceeding.
Access to Salesforce Sync in PersistIQ
- Access Integrations(click on your initials, then select "Integrations")
Under "Salesforce" click on the "Configure" button:
Connecting Salesforce to PersistIQ
Under Step 1 on the sync configuration page, click on the "Connect" button to authenticate to Salesforce. If you wish to connect to your Salesforce sandbox environment first, click on "Connect to Sandbox".
After clicking on "Connect", you will be redirected to your Salesforce log in page. Enter your Salesforce log in credentials and click on "Log in". You will then be redirected back to PersistIQ.
Confirm Connection to Salesforce
You should now see your connected Salesforce instance and the connected user.
Note: If the authentication fails, here are some items to investigate:
- Using the wrong password/username for your Salesforce account
- Using Single Sign-On (such as companies like Okta)
- The sign-in page via Salesforce has been disabled on your account
Configure Sync Behavior
After successfully authenticating, configure your desired sync behavior by following the sections on the page.
Here are some notes that might help:
- Record Creation: Choose a full bi-directional or one-way sync to automatically create new records (leads and contacts) in one system when they are created in the other. (Note: You may also "Push" leads and contacts from Salesforce directly to PersistIQ without configuring record creation by using the PersistIQ chrome extension in Salesforce; works with lightning. This feature is valuable for selectively creating records in PersistIQ instead of syncing your entire Salesforce instance)
- Status Sync: Create custom lead and/or contact statuses then map them for a true bi-directional sync.
- Field Updates: Create custom fields in PersistIQ and map them to your Salesforce fields, then select either bi-directional, one-way push, or one-way pull.
- Activity History Creation: Automatically log emails sent (and received), calls made, and tasks completed in PersistIQ as completed activities under the lead or contact record in Salesforce.
- Automatic Email Logging (outside PersistIQ): Automatically log your outgoing and incoming emails sent directly from your email account (not related to a PersistIQ campaign) to Salesforce as completed activity history associated with the lead or contact. Note: this requires the prospect to exist in PersistIQ and to be linked to a lead or contact in Salesforce.
- Owner Sync: Map PersistIQ users to Salesforce users to automatically sync record ownership changes (e.g, if the owner of a contact changes in Salesforce, the owner automatically changes in PersistIQ)
Turn Sync On
Note: The system only syncs new leads and contacts after you turn on the syncer. Existing leads and contacts are only synced if you make a change.